Walking helps you shake off some stress during pregnancy. These are some benefits of taking walks during pregnancy;
- Walking, especially in the last trimester, helps baby achieve optimal positioning in the uterus.
- It keeps muscles strong to reduce back pain.
- It helps keep your bowels moving to combat constipation.
- It maintains or improves your fitness level throughout pregnancy.
- It works your heart, lungs, and blood vessels for overall cardiovascular health.
- Also, did you know that walking can also be used as an exercise to help induce labor? It helps with cervical effacement and dilation and allows the baby to drop in the pelvis.
- Walking might also ease some of your anxiety surrounding labor and delivery.
So, take regular walks. It’s so helpful to both you and baby.